Mon - Sat 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
Quick Facts :
  • Our Objectives - Provide direct, honest answers and follow up for success of every application.
  • Our Specialisation - Expert advise - specific to each application for all type of visas under General Skilled Visa, Investment visa to USA under EB5 & Canadian Investment visa.
  • Our Service - Efficient and Cost Effective Service in all areas relating to migration matters and visa services.
  • Our Success - Processed many applications with high success rate.
  • Our Legacy - 25 years of Professional Immigration experience with proven track record.
Enquiry +

Immigration Enquiry

Study Permit Canada

New measures taken by the Canadian government regarding post-graduation work permit eligibility due to COVID-19.

STATISTICS: The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) reports that as of December 2019, there were a total of 6,42,480 international students have immigrate to Canada under student permit Canada at all levels, representing a 13% increase from the previous year.

Canada's International student population has grown six-fold over the few years with more students looking to pursue education. Indian students have also benefited from the Federal Government's Student with India overtaking China as the lead source country. Canada’s international student population has grown six-fold over the past few years and it has now tripled.

Due to the pandemic of COVID-19, there have been many international students who want to pursue their higher studies in the country of Canada may not be able to move to Canada to start their programs. 

Also, Canada has brought in travel restrictions by which many students from different countries cannot immigrate to Canada/apply for student visa Canada to start their programs as a Student. 

In view of Covid-19, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) have introduced certain changes to the eligibility rules for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for international students who want to start their Canadian study program online from their home country.

STUDY IN CANADA:  Relatively low cost of tuition fee to study and the affordability scale, studying in Canada is much more affordable as compared to other immigration countries. The living cost is also very much reasonable in Canada for international students to study in Canada. 

Also, the Quality of education is the major reason for students going abroad to study and the multiple factors have added up to this surge in the inflow of Indian students. 

One of the primary factors is uncertainties relating to getting a Canada work visa for international students after completing the study period in Canada towards getting a Post-Graduation Work Permit while studying in Canada (PGWP) depends a lot on course and its duration for a student.

POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT (PGWP):  Getting a Post-Graduation Work Permit while studying in Canada (PGWP) depends a lot on course and its duration for a student. A work permit under the PGWP is usually issued for the length of the study program in Canada. 

Also, the maximum length of the post-work permit is of three years stating if your post-graduate course’s duration is two years, a student to get a three-year Post-Graduation Work Permit while studying in Canada (PGWP) visa. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program. The course duration must be a minimum of eight months in length while studying in Canada.

A student must have studied full time in Canada and your course duration should be at least eight months. You must apply for a work permit within 180 days of completing your course. You must have written proof from the college/university indicating the same.

DESIGNATED LEARNING INSTITUTIONS (DLI) RECOGNISATION: The Post-Graduation Work Permit while studying in Canada (PGWP) allows students to stay in Canada and gain work experience after completing their graduation. Yet, the students must be graduated from a recognized Canadian institution which is very important towards obtaining Post-Graduation Work Permit while studying in Canada (PGWP). Graduates from certain designated learning institutions (DLIs) are eligible for a work permit and therefore should make sure they check before applying for a student permit Canada. 

Graduating from a designated learning institution (DLI) does not mean that the students are automatically eligible to get a PGWP.  The student after getting the final marks has 180 days to apply for a PGWP.  Also, the student has to make sure that the study permit does not expire before the final marks are obtained.

WORK TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE: The PGWP allows international students to graduate from a participating post-secondary college/university to gain Canadian work experience which in turn will help and obtain Canadian work experience gained through PGWP which inturn assists international graduates to qualify for PR (permanent residence) in Canada through Canada Express Entry.  

STUDENTS WORKING IN CANADA: Eligible International students may work for any Canadian employer anywhere in Canada and the first step is to find a job after they have completed the graduation in Canada.

After applying for student visa application for Canada, the processing time may take up to 90 days, and is faster towards obtaining Canadian Student permit.  

Canada’s growth is being fuelled by the rise in the global population, with more students looking to pursue educational, and in some cases, immigration opportunities overseas.  

CONTACT Bilimoria & Associate: A prospective student who has completed study in Canada and will be applying for Post-Graduation Work Permit while studying in Canada (PGWP) can contact Bilimoria & Associate six months prior to completing Study in Canada for us to guide the Students on completing all requirements towards converting Student permit to PGWP to PR visa to Canada. 

If you are interested in Canada immigration after completing your graduation in Canada and can contact us to find your eligibility towards preparation of your permanent residence visa to Canada. 

We work with Member of Law Society of Upper Canada and Canadian Bar Association (Immigration section) (CPTLS). We also deal with member of organization of Professional Immigration Consultants, Canada (OPIC) and strive to achieve the highest possible standards of professional service and success rate on every application that we lodge with the Immigration department.

Kindly forward us your detailed resume to for us to assess and advise on your eligibility, or Call our office on +91 44 2822 7222 2823 9229 / 4350 8191 for consultation or an appointment.




© 2023 Bilimoria & Associate. All rights reserved Web Solutions by

Back to Top