Mon - Sat 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
Quick Facts :
  • Our Objectives - Provide direct, honest answers and follow up for success of every application.
  • Our Specialisation - Expert advise - specific to each application for all type of visas under General Skilled Visa, Investment visa to USA under EB5 & Canadian Investment visa.
  • Our Service - Efficient and Cost Effective Service in all areas relating to migration matters and visa services.
  • Our Success - Processed many applications with high success rate.
  • Our Legacy - 25 years of Professional Immigration experience with proven track record.
Enquiry +

Immigration Enquiry

Canadian Experience Class Program (CEC)

Applicants who wish to apply under Express Entry Canada Experience Class should have the following requirements to qualify as a skilled worker with Canadian work experience and want to become permanent resident of Canada.

The requirements are for Canadian Experience Class Program as follows:


This is one of the three Federal Programs managed through Canada Express Entry, which is applied through online application system for skilled workers.


The applicant must meet the required language levels needed for the job for each language ability


The applicant must have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before applying, and the work experience must be in a full-time employment, or an equal amount in part-time, which should have been gained by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work

  • The applicant shall not be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class if:
  • The applicant a refugee claimant in Canada
  • The applicant is working without authorization
  • The applicant's work experience was gained without temporary resident status in Canada

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

  • Managerial Jobs (Skill Level 0)
  • Professional Jobs (Skill Type A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B)
  • An applicant's work experience can be in 1 or more NOC 0, A or B jobs.
  • An applicant must show that you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC.
  • The applicant's main duties should include all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

NOTE: A Self-employment and student work experience gained while the applicant was a full-time student (even if you were on a co-op work term) doesn't count towards the minimum requirements for the Canadian Experience Class program.


Under the Canadian Experience Class, there is no education requirement needed of an applicant.

If an applicant wants to improve the rank in the Express Entry pool for immigration purposes, there are two ways this can be achieved:

If an applicant took an Education in Canada, the applicant can obtain points under Education for a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:

  • secondary institution (high school) or
  • post-secondary institution


If an applicant has foreign Education, the applicant can obtain points under Education for a certificate, diploma or degree and gain points for having a foreign degree:

  • Should have a Completed Foreign Credential, And
  • Should have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report for the Immigration Purposes from a designated Organization Showing that an applicant's Education is equal completed Certificate, Diploma or Degree from A Canadian:
    • Secondary Institution (High School) Or
    • Post-Secondary Institution



The applicant must meet the minimum language level of:

  • Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or
  • Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs

The applicant must take approved language tests which are required for your Express Entry profile for:

  • Listening
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Speaking

The language tests are valid for two years after the date of the test result and must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence to Canada.


Also, it is important that the applicant must be admissible to Canada and should meet all the requirements.

The Immigration department can refuse your application or deny your entry into Canada on various reasons such as should not have any adverse remark, security, or criminal or medical reasons.



An applicant should look at living outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information.

It's important that an applicant must look at meeting the requirement if he has obtained a Provincial Nominee, and must settle in the province or territory that nominated you.

If you are interested in the immigration to Canada, please fill out the Assessment form which is found on our website and our immigration consultants will assess your eligibility and advise you how to proceed further.

We work with Member of Law Society of Upper Canada and Canadian Bar Association (Immigration section) (CPTLS). We also deal with member of organization of Professional Immigration Consultants, Canada (OPIC) and strive to achieve the highest possible standards of professional service and success rate on every application that we lodge with the Immigration department.

Kindly forward us your detailed resume to for us to assess and advise on your eligibility, or Call our office on+91 44 2822 7222 / 2823 9229 / 4350 8191 for consultation or an appointment.


© 2023 Bilimoria & Associate. All rights reserved Web Solutions by

Back to Top