cherry cola elf bar


Mon - Sat 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
Quick Facts :
  • Our Objectives - Provide direct, honest answers and follow up for success of every application.
  • Our Specialisation - Expert advise - specific to each application for all type of visas under General Skilled Visa, Investment visa to USA under EB5 & Canadian Investment visa.
  • Our Service - Efficient and Cost Effective Service in all areas relating to migration matters and visa services.
  • Our Success - Processed many applications with high success rate.
  • Our Legacy - 25 years of Professional Immigration experience with proven track record.
Enquiry +

Immigration Enquiry

Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

An applicant needs to have all the overseas diploma, degrees, and certificate assessed with Educational credential assessment (ECA) for the immigration purpose to determine if the qualification is equivalent to Canadian one. There are different assessment bodies who can process the Educational credential assessment of an applicant.

Every applicant must assess their credentials to process their Immigration to Canada. Without having an ECA Canada report an applicant cannot lodge Canada Express Entry profile. An ECA assessment Canada is valid for 5 years from the date of issue.

If an applicant completes an education outside Canada, then the applicant will need to get the qualification assessed before becoming principal applicant and should have the eligibility points under the Canada  Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program.

When your qualification is assessed through ECA assessment Canada equivalent to Canadian qualification, you will be awarded points for your education under the Canada Express Entry points system. An applicant can also gain points for the spouse's education.

Some of the applicants only need an assessment for the highest level of education, if they have a Master's degree. For example, if the applicant has Master's degree, then assessment of only the Master's degree will give the application points, which is taken into consideration under Canada Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program.

In some of the applications, where an applicant has two degrees at Bachelors level or one degree and one diploma, the applicant needs to get the assessment for each qualification.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has designated few organizations / professional bodies to assess the credentials for Canada Immigration purpose. Based on the qualification an applicant needs to choose the organisation who can assess and provide the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report. The organisation / assessing body will issue a report stating the equivalency of your educational qualification in Canada.

The Processing times and costs may vary by organization or professional body we choose to have the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report obtained.

The ECA Canada report is provided by the following designated organizations:

Comparative Education Service - University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies

International Credential Assessment Service of Canada

World Education Services

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)

International Credential Evaluation Service

Also, having your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report helps in the employment search once you have your visa obtained.

If applicant's assessment report shows that it is not been equivalent to or comparative to Canadian standards, your application will not be taken into consideration while lodging under Canada Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program.


When an applicant chooses to work for a large organization or in a regulated occupation, the applicant needs to have the assessment done by a specific designated organization. Check with your employer on the requirements that is needed or the regulatory body for your occupation for more information to have your occupation assessed.


PHYSICIANS (NOC 3111 / NOC 3112): If the applicant's primary occupation is specialist physician (NOC 3111) or general practitioner/family physician (NOC 3112), the Medical Council of Canada must do an ECA for your primary medical diploma.

If the applicant has a different primary occupation, another designated organization can do the credential assessment.

Pharmacists (NOC 3131): If an applicant requires a license to practice as Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for pharmacists) must do your assessment.

For example, applicants need license if they are taking care of patients in community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, long-term care facility, other practice settings.

If the applicant is not practicing under professional occupation, where one doesn't need a license to work, one of the other designated organizations can assess the credentials. An applicant may not need a license to work in the pharmaceutical industry or in a government job where the applicant needs a pharmacy degree for the job, but don't need a license to practice pharmacy.

An applicant should contact the regulatory body in the province where they plan to live and also find out if they require a license to practice their intended occupation.

Our team at Bilimoria & Associate who are specialized in Immigration visas can guide you in preparing a successful Canada Express Entry profile for your application with proper National Occupation Category and make sure that you meet all the criteria for your application for your Express Entry profile to be selected.

Bilimoria & Associate liaise with Member of Law Society of Upper Canada and Canadian Bar Association (Immigration section) (CPTLS). All applications for Canadian visas are scrutinized and prepared by a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada.

Bilimoria & Associate's mission is to enable prospective immigrants to take advantage of Canada's strong economy and urgent need for skilled and business migrants who can expect to enjoy a high standard of living, excellent educational facilities and real Quality of Life in Canada.

For further information write to us at (or) call us at +91 44 2822 7222 / +91 44 2823 9229 / +91 44 2822 7127 / +91 444 350 8191


© 2024 Bilimoria & Associate. All rights reserved Web Solutions by

Back to Top